Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Review: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Yesterday, after church our youth group went to go see "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".

Negative Elements:

- Violence
-  Creepy Looking Monsters
-  Loud Sounds 
-  Dryads swim in the water, they are shiny and translucent

  Personally the things listed above I think might be just scary for little children. There is no drugs or alcohol.

Spiritual Elements:

This movie was full of`spiritual content. 

- Lucy, Edmund and Caspian went down into a cave, in the middle was a gold pool which was one form of temptation, greed.  Temptation.
- The Crew of the Dawn Treader followed a Blue Star to find Aslan's Table, much like the Star that the shepherds followed to get to Jesus
- Lucy prays to Aslan to help them and he does.
- In the Movie Eustace turns into a dragon and Aslan changed him back.

Spiritual Quotes:

- "No matter how hard I tried I couldn't do it by myself, but Aslan did it." (Eustace talking about him being changed from a dragon back into a human)
- "I was focusing on what was taken away, not on what was given to me" (Prince Caspian talking about why he wasn't going to go into Aslan's country)
- "I have another name in your world" (Aslan talking to Edmund and Lucy about how they would see him again)
- "Knowing me here for a little will help you know me better in your world" (Aslan talking to Lucy and Edmund about why they came to Narnia in the first place)

I will be posting a post on "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader:" later.

~Bwdlake~

No comments: